Here are the multiple choice questions:
Part A) Summary - summarize each talk in 3-4 bullet points ( 4 marks each)
Part B) Questions
1. What is gluttony? Explain in your own words. (2 marks)
2. Why do people struggle with gluttony? When might gluttony become intemperance? (3 marks)
3. How does gluttony affect us psychologically? Use real life examples to elaborate. (4 marks)
4. How can suffering be redemptive? How can penances transform us? (3 marks)
5. What have you chosen to give up for Lent? How do you expect this to change your heart? (3 marks)
6. What is a keystone penance, according to Fr. Mike? (2 marks)
7. What are 3 parts of every habit? What is a habit you would like to practice in your life? What is your goal? (5 marks)
Students began working on their Images of Christ Assignment. There is a visual AND written component.
Days to work on this assignment:
- January 25th
- January 29th
- January 31st
- Feb. 1st
Today, we wrote some notes on the evangelists and discussed the various images of Christ presented in each Gospel. I have attached the answer key for your graphic organizer in case you've missed out on a few items.
**You'll want to hang on to this...it is future test material.
Reminder: your test is on Monday January 29th
45 multiple choice questions and answer key are attached below. You will be tested on 20-25 of them.
The earlier you start studying the better!
Luke Infancy Narratives: Mary's Perspective
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he remembered his promise of mercy,
the promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children forever.
Getting to Know Mary
1. What were Mary's struggles?
2. How did Mary play a significant role in our salvation history?
3. Is it hard for teenagers to take the moral high ground? What are some struggles that are specific to your age group?
4. Have you ever been held to a higher standard, whether it is in athletics, academics or behaviour? What's that like?
Since 15/19 of you were here, we went ahead with the class!
(1) Corrected answers for their Matthew/Luke Comparison Chart
(2) Created Venn Diagrams of the Infancy Narratives (Matthew vs. Luke) using the following:
Gospel Passages: Matthew 1-2 and Luke 1-2
Articles on the Infancy Narratives. Just focus on content about Matthew and Luke's Gospels.
Please have your payment submitted by January 10th
-Students who take Science 9 on day 1 have their retreat on Monday. Other students report to their regular class.
-Students who take Science 9 on day 2 have their retreat on Tuesday. Other students report to their regular class.
50 multiple choice questions posted below. I will pick between 25-30 for your test on November 29th.
Make sure you study your notes from
- The Holy Land: Where Jesus Trod
- Palestine at the Time of Jesus
- Jewish Social Groups
- Gentile Influences
- Palestine Under Roman Rule
= You will be asked to write a paragraph worth 12 marks
"Let nothing disturb you,