1. Silent reading
2. Lectio Divina #1: You don't have to prove anything
Verse: Romans 12:16
Letter from God:
You don’t have to prove to other people how cool or popular you are, or elbow your way into the “in” crowd by pretending to be something you’re not. Believe me, you are a treasure to me just because you’re You.
It’s your inner self that makes you valuable. I want you to learn to value yourself. You’ll never be happy until you do. It doesn’t matter how many “big shots” you impress, if you still hate yourself inside, you’re going to be miserable. Find your worth in our relationship.
Learn to appreciate all kinds of ordinary people without putting on any kind of act. Recognize that these people have just as much value as you. Each person is special and rare to me - just as you are.
- Write down the words/phrases )in either version of Romans 12:16) that stand out to you. Why do you think these words speak to you.
- What are some ways in which teenagers can struggle to me themselves? (2 sentences)
- Is it sometimes difficult to appreciate “ordinary people”? Why do you think this is the case? (3-4 sentences)
- Write a response to God’s letter. (5-7 sentences)
HW: Bible Emergency Numbers assignment