1. We went over Ch.3 questions from The Outsiders.
Big items discussed:
- Why is it important to be loved by your "folks"? Why does Johnny say it's not the same when your own parents do not love you?
2. We discussed what factors allow for membership/rejection from social groups.
- What are things we want to by judged by?
- What do we look for in friends?
Block D: English cont...
1. Get a head start on weekend HW (Ch.4 questions) and continue collecting quotes for chosen Outsiders character.
2. Expository and Song/Mongol Tests returned.
Block A: CE
1. Jacob/Joseph movie - a different adaptation
- Objective: Look at the ways in which God used weak/flawed human beings for His purpose.
2. Test next class. For HW: reread the following sections in your Written on Our Hearts textbooks...The pages may not be consistent between the two versions; look for the subheadings in brackets below.
- p.45-47 (Jacob: A Man Named Israel)
- p.48-51 ( Joseph: Treachery, Triumphs and Forgiveness)
- Bible verses that are listed in your textbooks.
HW: Ch. 4 Outsiders questions & study for your Jacob/Joseph Test...After this, we will be fast-tracking a few centuries ahead to Moses.
Book Talk Presenters on Monday:
1. Michael Ancheta
2. Matthew Zablan
3. Adam Sorace
4. Nicci Truong
5 Daniella Farry