We concluded our portfolio presentations today
HW: Complete your David assignment for Tuesday!
- Poetry Presentation
CE/ Socials/ English:
- Portfolios checked by Shin
- King David assignment
- Poetry assignment
Block D: CE
1. Judges: Book of Deliverers handed out
2. A look at the "vicious cycle" of sin, punishment, repentance and deliverance
2. Bible Series: Homeland (this can be found on Netflix!)
- Joshua and the fall of Jericho
- Judges featured: Samson
- Preview of the first king of Israel: Saul
Block B: CE *Your textbooks are needed.
1. From your booklet - Judges: Chosen People
2. Sections from textbook - p. 105-112 and p. 216-237
Answer questions #1-8 neatly, in ink and on looseleaf paper
Block C: CE
Assignment: A dinner date with a prophet!
1. Poetry Project. Be ready to present Wednesday May 20th.
2. Portfolio complete draft Wednesday May 20th
3. Portfolio presentations start Friday May 22nd
You weekend HW:
After the death of Moses, the Israelites need a new leader.
A capable and suitable leader will have the following qualities:
- public speaking skills
- great work ethic
- obedience (to God)
The scenario: You are a concerned Israelite seeking a new prophet. Create an advertisement inviting people to "apply" for this position. 1 paragraph.
Block D: CE portfolio work
1. KNOW, LOVE, SERVE & OT characters discussed.
2. Students added some more details and included challenges for themselves.
Block B: English portfolio work
1. We read a sample persuasive essay as a class. We assessed it with a critical eye for strengths and weaknesses.
Block C: STAR Assessments/English portfolio work
1/2 students in library
1/2 students working in the classroom
(1) English component of portfolio project
(2) Be ready to present your Renaissance project next week. Please make sure you have a prepared speech so that you do not read off the board or rely too heavily on your scripts.
- B.A., B.Ed, SFU